Lots of fun events and activities will be happening at CFS during the week surrounding World Book Day:
- Pupils will receive your special WBD book token. These can be used at bookshops or in the Library on World Book Day itself to exchange for one of the special WBD books.
- Tuesday and Wednesday 27 and 28 February— Storytelling in the Library at lunchtime.
- ‘Guess the author’ Competition. Members of staff will have pictures of famous authors on their lanyards. See how many you can get right! Prizes and points to be won!
- ‘Guess the teacher behind the book’ Competition— photos of ‘mystery’ teachers behind an open book. How many will you get right?
- A story will be read to you in 5 parts at the start of each period on World Book Day. Can you predict the ending?
- Will you be able to identify the quotes that will be displayed around the school?
- Second hand book sale in the Library. You can bring your old books to sell as well. Proceeds to charity.
- ‘Design a book token’ Competition, a national competition with prizes and the opportunity for your design to be used in retail outlets. Entry templates in the Library and through your tutor.
- Your teachers may appear as book characters on World Book Day! One from each house will be put forward to your final vote for an overall winner.
- CFS WRITES OF PASSAGE—Tell us the most memorable book that you have ever read and why. Cards available to complete in the Library. Pupils and staff invited to take part.
Bake a World Book Day cake. Entries will be judged and prizes awarded.